If you’re planning to take a vacation to your cabin by the lake or if you’re in a position where your stovetop at home has stopped working, you might be in the market to find the best commercial induction cooktop of 2018.
Many people believe that a cooktop is simple enough to find, but there are several different features that you need to look out for to make sure you’re buying the perfect models for your needs.
In this guide, we explore five of the top induction cooktops you can have at your disposal.
Top 5 Commercial Induction Cooktop Comparison Chart
Best Commercial Induction Cooktop Reviews
1. Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop
The Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop comes equipped with all of the basic features that you would expect from a traditional induction cooktop.
Although it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing unit on the list, it performs well with a high power rating and the ability to heat to high temperatures. It’s the perfect companion for people who have never used an induction cooktop before and are looking for a model that works well without all the bells and whistles.
When you start to look at the various key features included in the Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop, you’ll understand why it’s one of the best induction cooktops on the list.
Digital Display and Push Buttons
For easy operation, the digital display and push buttons make it easier to customize the temperature of the unit, to set a timer to ensure that you do not burn your food, and to set the power output of the cooktop.
Commercial induction cooktops can be quite dangerous, although they are useful. With that being said, we love to see when they have integrated safety features and the Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop offers automatic shut-off, meaning that once the cooktop has been on for a couple of hours without use, the unit will automatically shut itself off.
Many people would prefer the look of this induction cooktop as it is wrapped entirely in stainless steel. The only concern is that it wouldn’t easily fit into the design of the average kitchen, which can be slightly frustrating. With a new and updated body, the Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop could easily fit into both commercial and residential kitchens.
- 5000-watt commercial-quality induction cooktop with 13 power levels
- Push-button controls and digital display; Timer, Temp, Watts
- Overheat sensor; Auto shut-off; Max load bearing: 80kg (180lb)
- Stainless steel body; Voltage: 220V~240V, 50~60Hz
- Measures: 15.7'' x 22.0'' x 7.8''
What's to like about the Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop
- Easily supports weight
- Boils water quickly
- Compact design
What's not to like about the Mai Cook Countertop Cooktop
- No 220V outlet installed
- Insufficient installation instructions
2. Waring Commercial Range
The Waring Commercial Range was built with the everyday consumer in mind, especially as it has all of the features that you would expect from a cooktop as well as a couple of others. With a more modernized appearance and plenty of power options and features to choose from, it’ll easily become your No. 1 cooking appliance after your first use.
As mentioned, the Waring Commercial Range offers the perfect number of cooking options to easily help you to brew anything including stews and homemade beer. Some of its most notable features include:
Easy Touch Controls
There are only six buttons on the front of the unit, one for heat, temperature, setting a timer, adjusting the heat, and turning it on and off. With this incredibly easy user-interface, it works similarly to a traditional stovetop.
As a unique feature that you don’t typically see in induction cooktops, this particular model offers small-article and small-pan detection, which gives you the ability to find the perfect cooking temperature for less-dense materials.
With the combination of stainless steel and ceramic glass, you’ll have the same integrity that you would get with a traditional oven range, plus, its design helps it to seamlessly fit into any aesthetic.
If there was one thing that we wish would be integrated into the Waring Commercial Range, it would certainly be energy efficiency. Many people choose induction cooktops because they use less energy and having an efficient piece of cookware can cut back on your electric bills.
- Easy-touch controls with 12 temperature settings from 120°F to 500°F/79°C to 260°C
- Large 11" x 11" Schott ceramic glass surface & Stainless steel construction
- 10-hour timer
- Small-article and pan detection
- Limited One Year Warranty; Completely NSF and ETL approved
What's to like about the Waring Commercial Range
- Boils quickly
- 12 preset heat settings
- Easy to move
What's not to like about the Waring Commercial Range
- Too powerful to simmer
3. BergHOFF Commercial Burner
When it comes to energy efficiency, the BergHOFF Commercial Burner is your best bet as it is up to 70% more efficient than a traditional gas stove.
For homeowners who are looking for an additional appliance that will quickly get the job done and for a fraction of the energy consumption of a regular stove, this is the unit for you. There are plenty of interesting features included in this unit that make it one of the best induction cooktops to own.
From its efficiency to its high power output, the BergHOFF Commercial Burner is a strong competitor when choosing the best cooktop for your needs. Some of its most amazing features include:
One complaint that many people have when it comes to using a cooktop or a regular stove is how hot their kitchen gets. Luckily, the BergHOFF Commercial Burner doesn’t heat itself up to the point where the heat travels throughout your kitchen, but instead, has pan-only heating. This helps to make sure that all of the energy goes where it belongs.
As a safety feature that we believe every induction cooktop should have, this particular model offers auto-pan detection. After one minute, if it does not detect that a pan has been placed on its surface it will immediately turn itself off.
Quick and Efficient Operation
As mentioned, the BergHOFF Commercial Burner is 70% more efficient than your traditional gas stove but it also helps to boil water up to two times faster than on a regular cooktop. This can be phenomenal for homeowners and businesses looking for a small appliance that works far better than a regular range.
- 70% more efficient than a regular gas stove, 50% less electricity, boils water twice as fast as regular stoves.
- Stove will not heat up itself to get your kitchen hot, only heats cookware
- Requires induction compatible cookware. Works best with Eurocast and other induction ready cookware such as stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected
- BergHOFF Induction Cooktop uses 120 volts, 15 amps of electricity - standard in all homes; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage. Click on the add to cart button now!
What's to like about the BergHOFF Commercial Burner
- Boils quickly on “sear”
- Adjust temperature by 10 degrees
- Indoor/outdoor use
What's not to like about the BergHOFF Commercial Burner
- Requires induction cookware
4. MDC Commercial Cooktop
If you’ve never had the opportunity to use a commercial cooktop before, you might be interested in a unit with very few features.
On the other hand, if you’re simply looking for a cooktop to hold you over until your major appliances arrive, there’s no need to invest in the best of the best. The MDC Commercial Cooktop is exactly as it is advertised, and it gives you the ability to cook without the hassle of dealing with in-depth technological advances.
With the MDC Commercial Cooktop, you’ll get all of the use out of it that you need, such as:
Designed using Infineon IGBT as well as ceramic glass, this cooktop is made to last through the years. In comparison to other induction cooktops, its design proves that it can be used for both residential and commercial meals. In addition, the materials used during construction make it easier to clean.
Another phenomenal feature that you’ll appreciate is its energy efficiency, as it saves up to 60% of the energy that a regular stove would use. Also, it offers 15% faster cook times than a traditional stove.
As usual, there isn’t a single product on the market that is perfect and with the MDC Commercial Cooktop, it certainly needs a body change. Although it boasts simplicity with minimal features, it also looks substantially dated, as it has a knob for adjusting the temperature.
- 3500-watt commercial-quality induction cooktop with 5 power levels
- Knob Switch controls and digital display;
- temperature from 140 to 464 degrees F;overheat sensor; auto shut-off
- Stainless steel body; Max load bearing: 60kg (133lb)
- Measures:13.9'' x 17.5'' x 4.13''
What's to like about the MDC Commercial Cooktop
- Heats up quickly
- Transfers less heat
- Can hold over 60 lbs. of weight
What's not to like about the MDC Commercial Cooktop
5. CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop
Every kitchen deserves to have aesthetically pleasing appliances that accentuate the modern design and appeal of the room.
The CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop impresses with its appearance, but does it have all of the features you’d expect? In comparison to many other induction cooktops on the market, this particular model excels in numerous ways.
From its high-quality construction to its integrated intelligent safety features, it’s easy to see why the CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop is on the list of the best induction cooktops of 2018.
Stainless Steel and Crystal Construction
With sanitization and longevity in mind, the CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop offers its stunning appeal with the help of a stainless steel base/body and a black crystal plated cooktop. Both materials are made to last and will help to keep the cooktop in pristine condition through the years.
LCD Display with User-Friendly Settings
There’s no need to worry about fumbling around with a variety of features as the LCD display and buttons make it simple to choose one of the 10 different temperatures or 10 different power levels. You can easily customize the way you cook with the help of the user-friendly settings.
Intelligent Safety Features
Similar to other induction cooktops on the market, this model offers an auto-shutoff feature which will turn the plate off after one minute if there isn’t any cookware detected on its surface.
- MORE EFFICIEN AND SILENT: 1800W Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner and 2 layer copper coil speed up the cooking, promote maximum convenience. 8 levels from 200-1800W, 15 temperature range from 140-460
- INTELLIGENT STANDBY ANDTIMING CONTROL FUNCTION: Press the Pause button or choose timer from 0- 4 hours time setting when going out or there are anything you have to do immediately. After setting, the display of the Countertop Burner will show desired power or temperature and remaining time alternately
- All-ROUND INTELLIGENT SECURITY PROTECTION：Induction Burner build with lock function, it generates heat inside the pan or pot rather than the cooking surface, equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system, automatic shut off after 1 minute when incorrect pan or voltage is detected, ETL proved
- ENERGY SAVING AND ENVIROMENT PROTECTION: using the magnetic field induced current (also known as eddy current) with the most priority advantage of high thermal efficiency, cooker consumes less power when stand by
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: If you're not completely satisfied with Induction Cooktop, simply return it within 30 days of receipt for a full refund
What's to like about the CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop
- Easy to clean
- Heats quickly
- Smooth surface without cracks
- Sensitive controls
What's not to like about the CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop
- Requires a plug adapter
At the end of the day, the most important aspect of finding an induction cooktop is to make sure that it has all of the features that you are looking for.
You’re going to want a device that works for you and helps to make cooking simpler, rather than a device that you’re going to have to learn about before using it. The CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop is easily the best induction cooktop on this list because it excels in every area that others do not.
Style and Appearance
There’s no need to worry about this unit looking too commercial or too residential as it has a seamless design with modernized features that will fit perfectly into any kitchen, regardless of if it’s at the office or at home.
Temperature and Power Settings
You’ll also be able to take advantage of a substantial amount of power and temperature settings without getting too overwhelmed. With ten of each, you’ll find it’s easy to customize the way you cook to achieve the perfect meal every time.
Temperature Lock and Auto-Off
With the combination of the auto-off function and the temperature lock, you can even use the CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop around children. There’s no need to worry about accidentally touching buttons and increasing the temperature of the unit or having it heat up on its own without a pan on its surface.
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive unit that will give you everything you need, and then some, the CUSIBOX Induction Cooktop is the best choice.