While regular stovetops are still very relevant, portable induction cooktops have come to be a great solution to your cooking needs, especially to those who have limited space.
One of the most significant benefits of owning an induction cooktop is the burner doesn’t get hot like a regular electric burner.
We’ve taken a look at five of what we think are the best double induction cooktops on the market, and broken them down with comparisons, reviews, and pros and cons.
Let’s take a look at exactly why these specialized cooktops made it to the list of the best of the best.
Top 5 Induction Cooktops Comparison Chart
Best Double Induction Cooktop Reviews
1. Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
This Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black is known to be one of the better models available on the market. Initially, the cooktop was owned by Waring Pro, so it comes from a background of quality appliances.
It’s straightforward to use and has multiple features that make it a must-have for anyone looking to add a portable induction cooktop to their range of appliances. Its high rating along with solid reputation only help with making this model a strong contender.
The cooktop has an easy-to-use control panel that has eight settings on its left burner, and five on the right. The 1200 and 600-watt burners allow both to be used simultaneously while different sized elements make for high efficiency with larger and smaller pans.
Additionally, it has even heating with no hot spots, and individual 150-minute timers and burner ON/OFF switches. The bright LED displays error codes and temperature adjustments allow for safe and flame-free cooking. The Cuisinart induction cooktop also shuts the heat off automatically 30 seconds after the pan has been removed.
What's to like about the Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
- Max settings on both burners can be simultaneously used
What's not to like about the Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
- 600 Watt maximum on one burner
- Fans are a bit noisy
2. Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners
While it’s true that this cooktop has been made by the same company that makes the “As-Seen-On-TV” single induction burner, it’s not a gimmick, and it meets the standards it claims it does.
This cooktop has many great features that other burners are missing, and the price is quite decent considering everything that it offers.
The Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners, Black has a total maximum output of 1800W If you use both burners simultaneously the power will automatically be 900W on each side. If you use one burner the maximum output is 1800W. The power supply is 110/120V.
The unit is designed to be set on a countertop and not built-in. It has a separate control panel for each burner which acts independently of one another. The dimensions in inches are: 23.6 x 14.1 x 2.6. The NuWave fact sheet states that when both sides are being used, each burner can accommodate a pan up to 10.5" and 12" when using one side.
The NuWave double induction cooktop has six pre-programmed temperature settings. These are low, med/low, medium, medium/high, high and sear. It has 94 temperature settings, that can be controlled in 5 minute increments so you can cook your food exactly how you like it. A programmable memory (up to 100 hours) that can run without shutting itself off is available as well as an end time programmable clock. Another useful feature of this cooker is a warming function that can keep food warm for 2 hours at 155ºF.
The digital displays on each burner make it easy to understand and give you error readouts when something is wrong. For example, if a pot is removed, an error code will appear.
Some induction cooktops have a high pitched sound, however, this one does not. Another benefit is the rust-resistant material that is used during the design process of the NuWave model. You don’t need to worry about the elements rusting. It’s also dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- 900/1800 Watts
- 100F -575F temperature range
- 94 different temperatures
- 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings
- 2 hour "Keep Warm" feature (155F)
What's to like about the Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners
- 2-hour warming setting
- No auto shut-off for 100 hours
- Large temperature range
- Modern look
What's not to like about the Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners
- Complicated control panel
- Power cord is only 3 ft long
3. Ovente Induction Countertop Burner
While the brand Ovente is not as well known as Cuisinart or NuWave it was included because it is a formidable competitor to other units on our list. This is a very nice two burner induction cooktop.
We found the customer service to be outstanding. We emailed Ovente asking three questions. After a couple of emails back and forth, the customer service representative asked if he could call me directly. A very personable gentleman called immediately and answered my questions completely.
The Ovente Induction Countertop Burner, Cool-Touch Ceramic Glass Cooktop with Temperature Control, Timer, 1800-Watts, Digital LED Touchscreen Display, Indoor/Outdoor Portable Double Hot Plate (BG62B) has two burners, each having its own set of controls. It has a sleek, simple design, user-friendly controls, an array safety features and is reasonably priced. The surface is ceramic glass. It offers flexible heat control and fast cooking. Since it is portable, it can be moved freely. Additionally, it is very easy to clean.
The icons in a circle represent the various controls and are the same for each burner. From left to right these controls are: control panel lock (sometimes called "child lock"), timer, decrease power/temperature/timer display, LED display, increase power/temperature, function [power (Watt)/temperature (F)], and the power on/off button.
The dimensions of this unit in inches are: 23.8x15.8x2.8 and it weighs 13.3 lbs. The diameter of each heating surface is 7.2 inches (per Ovente).
This unit produces has a total maximum power of 1800 Watts and plugs into a 110/120Volt outlet. There are 8 power levels. They are (in watts): 100, 300, 500, 700, 900, 1100, 1300, 1800.
One burner can be used at a maximum power of 1800W or both burners can be used with a maximum of 900W each.
If the total power used is more than 1800 Watts, the power on each burner will be adjusted. For example, if the left side power is 1100W, the right side will adjust to 700W.
If the total power is less than 1800W, there will NOT be a power adjustment. To illustrate, if 300W are being used on the left burner, and the setting on the right burner is 700W, there will not be an adjustment. A total of 1800W does not have to be used.
There is a control that allows you to alternate between Watts and Degrees Fahrenheit. The power is displayed on the LED screen.
The temperature settings in Fahrenheit are: 140, 195, 250, 300, 355, 400, 430, 465. Some pictures of this unit show a "C" next to the temp setting while others show an "F". The units shipped to the customers in the United States display temperatures in Fahrenheit. The temperature is displayed on the LED screen display.
The user can program the timer for 5 different times. The timer is adjusted using the + and - buttons. The + button changes the minutes and the - button changes the hours. The minimum time it can be set to is 1 minute and the maximum is 3 hours. When the timer button is pressed, it will appear in the default mode of 30 minutes. To cancel the programmed time, simply press the timer icon.
Cookware to Use
As with all induction cookers, the right cookware must be used. The easiest way to tell if your cookware is compatible is by testing it with a magnet. Simply take a magnet and hold it near the bottom of the cookware. If it sticks to the bottom of your pots and pans securely, then you know that it will work. This cooktop is compatible with stainless steel, enameled, cast iron, and magnetic pots and pans, and can accommodate pots up to 12 inches in diameter.
The Ovente Induction Countertop Burner, Cool-Touch Ceramic Glass Cooktop with Temperature Control, Timer, 1800-Watts, Digital LED Touchscreen Display, Indoor/Outdoor Portable Double Hot Plate (BG62B) has a wide array of safety features. These include child lock, pan detection, low and high voltage warning, and internal and top plate overheating. There is a fan in the back of this cooktop. Be sure the vent is not blocked.
The Ovente limited one-year warranty for this product is only valid if both of these conditions are met: 1) the unit must be purchased from an authorized reseller and 2) the product must be registered within 30 days of purchase. This can be completed online. The warranty only covers defects in workmanship and materials.
- QUICK, POWERFUL & ENERGY-EFFICIENT - Powered by 1800-Watts, this powerful burner uses Electromagnetic Induction Technology to heat up twice as fast as a conventional gas range and electric cooktop-saving you money on electric bills.
- EFFECTIVE - Electromagnetic Induction Technology doesn't transfer heat to cookware like a conventional range, it makes the cookware itself the heat generator, which means it evenly cooks your food without leaving any cold or hot spots.
- ADJUSTABLE -8 Variable Temperature Levels (ranges from 140-465° F) allows you to immediately change the heat levels to serve your needs. 5 Programmed Timer Levels (MIN 1 min, MAX 3 hours) helps you stay on track in case you need to multitask.
- EXTRA SAFE - Includes an overheating sensor that automatically turns off the device if no cookware is detected, and the ceramic glass surface always stays cool to the touch. It also features child safety lock and a hot caution light for extra safety.
- MODERN, SLEEK & EASY TO CLEAN - This burner's sleek black glass body looks so good that you can leave it on a countertop as a stylish centerpiece. Its ceramic glass surface is also stainproof-simply wipe clean and it will look as good as new.
What's to like about the Ovente Induction Countertop Burner
- High heat-loss prevention
- Control panel lock feature
What's not to like about the Ovente Induction Countertop Burner
- Can only use the 8 temperature levels provided
- Poor quality stainless steel cookware doesn’t work
4. True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner
The True Induction company is known for its excellent customer service, products, and its range of models that suit a variety of customers. The cooktop we are reviewing here, the True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner, Energy Efficient is portable. True Induction has a double burner model that is an inset,True Induction MD2B Mini Duo Portable Counter Inset Double Burner Induction Cooktop, 120V, Black.
This portable unit has a smooth one piece ceramic glass cooktop. The controls are easy to use. The temperature settings are changed by using the + and - keys. Induction compatible cookware must be used with this cooker. The base of the cooking vessel must be greater than 4.5 inches and less than 10 inches.
The dimensions of this unit are: 23 1/2” W x 14’’ L x 2 1/2’’ H and must be plugged into a 120V outlet.
This cooktop has 10 power levels. The TI-2C is designed with True Inductions patented power-sharing technology. This allows the burners to split wattage between the left and right side.
Both burners can be used at 1800 Watts although not simultaneously as the power consumption is automatically balanced. If both burners are being used the combined total of power is 10. Power sharing works in this manner: if one burner is set at 2, the other side will automatically adjust to level 8.
It is possible to use the HEAT function on one burner and the TEMP setting on the other burner. In this scenario, the maximum HEAT setting is 5.
The temperature range is 150ºF to 450ºF. There are 10 temperature levels. The temperatures in Fahrenheit are: 150, 180, 210, 240, 270, 300, 330, 360, 390, 420 and 450.
The timer can be set up to 150 minutes in 5 minute intervals. The display reduces the time left 1 minute at a time. The timer duration can be changed at any time (the HEAT or TEMP setting will not be affected). The reverse is also true, changing the HEAT or TEMP will not affect the timer setting.
This unit has a child safety lock, error code display, a voltage sensor, and more that help make it one of the safest induction cooktops on the market.
- The True Induction includes easy to use controls, True Induction's patented power sharing technology as well as numerous safety features including auto pan detect
- Requires cookware that is induction compatible. Works with most stainless steel and cast iron cookware. If a magnet sticks to bottom of pan it will work. Optimal cookware has a flat bottom and a diameter of 4.5" - 10" inches
- Easy to Clean: With its seamless one piece ceramic glass cooktop, the True Induction cooktop can be cleaned in no time
- Cooktop is 23.5" W x 14" L x 2 1/2" H, has a temperature range from 150°F - 450°F and heat settings from 1-10
- True Induction is the choice cooktop of Winnebago and many other RV manufacturers
What's to like about the True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner
- Easy-to-use controls
- Power-sharing technology
- 10 temperature levels
What's not to like about the True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner
- 30° temperature increments
5. NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop
The NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop - Digital Ceramic Countertop Double Burner w/ Kids Safety Lock - Works with Stainless Steel Pan & Other Magnetic Cookware is a high quality induction cooktop . The cost is set at a medium price point and is an excellent choice for those of you looking for something reliable and durable, so you don’t have to buy another one a year later.
The ceramic tempered glass that makes up the surface is scratch proof, and it has high-powered heating elements with adjustable temperature settings for each one.
Each side has a digital LCD display screen. The controls are easy to use and notify you of any error. and two 1800 watt elements.
Additionally, it comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, and you can get a full refund within the first 30 days if you aren’t happy with the product.
One of the most important features of this model is the multiple cooking modes. The NutriChef induction cooktop allows you to switch between modes with just one button, and the manual cooking functions can be set for water, fry, steam, and warm.
You can also cook at a high temperature on one element while using the other to warm your food.
This unit weighs 15.5 pounds and has dimensions of 14.2’’ x 23.6’’ x 2.6’’ (LxWxH). The diameter of each heat zone is 6.7". The base of pots and pans greater than 4.7 inches (12 cm) and less than 10.2 (26 cm) inches should be used.
The power cord is 4'9" long and must be plugged into a 120V outlet. The unit has 1800 Watts total which is divided between the two burners.
The temperature range is 140ºF to 460ºF. There are 8 temperature (the manual calls them "power") levels. The temperatures in Fahrenheit are: 150, 180, 210, 240, 270, 300, 330, 360, 390, 420 and 450. However, the unit does not display the temperature in degrees; instead the wattage is shown. The user manual does not give the correlation between the wattage shown on the display and the temperature.
The timer can be set up to 4 hours.
This NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop - Digital Ceramic Countertop Double Burner w/ Kids Safety Lock - Works with Stainless Steel Pan & Other Magnetic Cookware has the following safety features: child lock, low and high voltage warning, auto pan detection (detects incompatible cookware or if there is no cookware on the burner), and top plate overheating.
- TWO HEATING ZONES: This Professional Digital Countertop Dual Induction Cooker by NutriChef is equipped with 2 Circular Top Panel Heating Zones with Independent Configurable Temperature Zone Setting & a Digital LCD Display Screen
- MULTIPLE COOKING MODE: Switch from one cooking mode to another with just one press. This kitchen tabletop burner has a manual cooking function with fry, steam, & water mode for easy cooking, & an automatic warm function which keeps the food warm for later serving.
- LOCK FUNCTION: This product is also equipped with a Built in Child Safety Lock which locks all the operating buttons of the cooktop to protect the little ones from injuries such as scalding.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: This heavy duty 120v Electric Induction cooktop cooks food by using electromagnets so no heat is lost between the cooking surface & the pot which makes it highly energy-efficient & it also makes cooking a lot easier & faster.
- COMPACT & VERSATILE: This 6.7 inch portable double burner is compatible with steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel, flat bottom pan or pot with a diameter of 12 to 26 cm. This product is also lightweight & compact, great for home / outdoor cooking & its flat nonstick glass ceramic surface makes cleaning easy. Update Listing Details
What's to like about the NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop
- Easy-to-use and responsive
What's not to like about the NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop
- User manual doesn’t provide temperature/watt chart
- Takes time to adjust to the fact that food cooks very quickly on this unit
With all of the induction cooktops on this list being top contenders, it took some true dissecting to determine which one stands apart from the best double induction cooktops.
The overall performance of each of the models is commendable, and we feel like you couldn’t go wrong with any of the five choices. We compared cooking speed, temperatures, features, longevity, cookware compatibility, other reviews, and general performance to determine what our number one recommended option would be.
The model that we recommend the most is the True Induction TI-2C cooktop. We realize that it is the more expensive option, but with this unit, you genuinely get what you pay for.
The TI-2C cooktop lasts and has been manufactured by a company that specializes in induction technology and has a strong reputation for providing the best portable and inset induction appliances on the market.
Outside all of the fantastic features that are included for the price, there are a variety of models that suit your needs and lifestyles, and they have the same features. You won't go wrong with the True Induction option.
As a less expensive alternative, the Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop is another reasonable option. It comes from a brand that has been respected by homeowners around the world for decades. There are some features that it’s missing out on when comparing, and it’s not the RV user’s choice, but concerning performance, and usability, you get more for what you pay.