While regular stovetops are still very relevant, portable induction cooktops have come to be a great solution to your cooking needs, especially to those who have limited space.
One of the most significant benefits of owning an induction cooktop is the burner doesn’t get hot like a regular electric burner.
We’ve taken a look at five of what we think are the best double induction cooktops on the market, and broken them down with comparisons, reviews, and pros and cons.
Let’s take a look at exactly why these specialized cooktops made it to the list of the best of the best.
Top 5 Induction Cooktops Comparison Chart
Best Double Induction Cooktop Reviews
1. Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
This Cuisinart induction cooktop is known to be one of the better models available on the market. Initially, the cooktop was owned by Waring Pro, so it comes from a background of quality appliances.
It’s straightforward to use and has multiple features that make it a must-have for anyone looking to add a portable induction cooktop to their range of appliances. It has been listed as an Amazon’s Choice, and its high rating along with solid reputation only help with making this model a strong contender.
The cooktop has an easy-to-use control panel that has eight settings on its left burner, and five on the right. The 1200 and 600-watt burners allow both to be used simultaneously while different sized elements make for high efficiency with larger and smaller pans.
Additionally, it has even heating with no hot spots, and individual 150-minute timers and burner ON/OFF switches. The bright LED displays error codes and temperature adjustments allow for safe and flame-free cooking. The Cuisinart induction cooktop also shuts the heat off automatically 30 seconds after the pan has gotten removed.
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Throws off less heat so kitchens stay cooler
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed
What's to like about the Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
- Max settings on both burners can be simultaneously used
- Includes 5-year motor warranty
What's not to like about the Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop, Black
- 600 watt maximum on one burner
- Fans are a bit noisy
2. Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners
While it’s true that this cooktop has been made by the same company that makes the “As-Seen-On-TV” single induction burner, it’s not a gimmick, and meets the standards it claims it does.
As another Amazon Choice, this cooktop has many great features that other burners are missing, and the price is quite decent considering everything that it offers.
The NuWave double induction cooktop has six “press and go” quick settings that make cooking more comfortable than before, and it has a highly impressive range of 94 temperature settings, so you can cook your food exactly how you like it.
Also, it has 100 hours of programmable memory and can run without shutting itself off. The digital displays on each burner make it easy to understand and give you error readouts when something is wrong.
Other added benefits are the rust-resistant material that got used during the design process of the NuWave model. You don’t need to worry about the elements rusting and you having to replace the unit quickly. It’s also dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- It features rust resistant material that retains the look for a long time
- It has dishwasher safe parts and is easy to clean and maintain
- Manufactured in china
What's to like about the Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners
- 2-hour warming setting
- No auto shut-off for 100 hours
- Large temperature range
What's not to like about the Nu Wave 30602 Electric-Countertop-Burners
- Complicated control panel
- Too many unneeded options
3. Ovente Induction Countertop Burner
The Ovente induction cooktop might seem like it’s on the expensive side in comparison to some of the others, but it has additional advantages that make the cost worth it.
Flexible heat control, fast cooking, user-friendly controls, and a sleek design make this portable cooktop a suitable option and strong competitor on this list. The cooktop is portable, so you can move it freely, while the low-noise burner doesn’t cause disruptions for anyone else around you.
It has infrared and induction technology to make for fast cooking with less heat loss and is energy efficient. The cooktop is compatible with stainless steel, enameled, cast iron, and magnetic pots and pans, and can accommodate pots up to 12 inches in diameter.
Also, it produces 1800 watt heating and features eight temperature levels that are programmable. It also includes child lock features and pan detection that make it very safety-conscious.
The easiest way to tell if your cookware is compatible with this model is with a magnet. Simply take a magnet and hold it near the bottom of the cookware.
If it sticks to the bottom of your pots and pans, you know that it is okay to be used with Ovente’s induction technology. We tested this method with multiple types of cookware and noticed that many could be used.
- QUICK, POWERFUL & ENERGY-EFFICIENT - Powered by 1800-Watts, this powerful burner uses Electromagnetic Induction Technology to heat up twice as fast as a conventional gas range and electric cooktop-saving you money on electric bills.
- EFFECTIVE - Electromagnetic Induction Technology doesn't transfer heat to cookware like a conventional range, it makes the cookware itself the heat generator, which means it evenly cooks your food without leaving any cold or hot spots.
- ADJUSTABLE -8 Variable Temperature Levels (ranges from 140-465° F) allows you to immediately change the heat levels to serve your needs. 5 Programmed Timer Levels (MIN 1 min, MAX 3 hours) helps you stay on track in case you need to multitask.
- EXTRA SAFE - Includes an overheating sensor that automatically turns off the device if no cookware is detected, and the ceramic glass surface always stays cool to the touch. It also features child safety lock and a hot caution light for extra safety.
- MODERN, SLEEK & EASY TO CLEAN - This burner's sleek black glass body looks so good that you can leave it on a countertop as a stylish centerpiece. Its ceramic glass surface is also stainproof-simply wipe clean and it will look as good as new.
What's to like about the Ovente Induction Countertop Burner
- Versatile cookware
- High heat-loss prevention
- Child lock feature
What's not to like about the Ovente Induction Countertop Burner
- Ascending temperature settings
- Poor quality stainless steel cookware doesn’t work
4. True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner
Not including the True Induction cooktop on this list would have been a crime. The company is known for its excellent customer service, products, and its range of models that suit a variety of customers. Additionally, it’s the cooktop of choice for Winnebago RV’s, as True Induction’s inset model can be installed in their motorhomes.
The TI-2C has power-sharing technology that lets both burners get up to 1800 watts, though not simultaneously. The “EZ touch” controls make it extremely user friendly, and its ceramic-glass surface is resistant to shattering and scratching.
Additionally, there are 10 temperature levels and heat settings, along with a 150-minute timer. It has a child safety lock, error code display, a voltage sensor, and more that help make it one of the safest induction cooktops on the market.
- Two Year Limited Warranty* comes with a 60-Day Trial Period.
- The Double Burner Portable Induction cooktop measuring 23 1/2 x 14 inches is designed for countertop use then convenient storage
- Innovative Design- 1800 Watts between dual 10 inch induction burners that boils 1 cup water in 70 seconds which is twice as fast as infrared, EZ Touch controls with 10 power settings, built in safety features
- Requires induction compatible cookware
- Functions on a single 110v outlet benefiting from the build in Power Sharing technology to distribute the power between the two burners based on how much power each one is using
What's to like about the True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner
- Easy-to-use controls
- Power-sharing technology
- 10 temperature levels
What's not to like about the True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner
- Noisy fan
- 30° temperature increments
5. NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop
The NutriChef dual induction cooktop is the highest-rated cooktop on this list and is decently priced for the features that are included.
The cost is set at a medium price point and is an excellent choice for those of you looking for something reliable and durable, so you don’t have to buy another one a year later. Reviewers have been satisfied, and so were we.
The ceramic tempered glass that makes up the surface is scratch proof, and it has high-powered heating elements with adjustable temperature settings for each one.
The controls are easy to use and very responsive, while digital LCD’s notify you of any error. It can be used with steel cookware, has a descending timer setting, and two 1800 watt elements.
Additionally, it comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, and you can get a full refund within the first 30 days if you aren’t happy with the product.
One of the most important features of this model is the multiple cooking modes. The NutriChef induction cooktop allows you to switch between modes with just one button, and the manual cooking functions get set for fry, steam, and water.
You can also cook at a high temperature on one element while using the other to warm your food.
- TWO HEATING ZONES: This Professional Digital Countertop Dual Induction Cooker by NutriChef is equipped with 2 Circular Top Panel Heating Zones with Independent Configurable Temperature Zone Setting & a Digital LCD Display Screen
- MULTIPLE COOKING MODE: Switch from one cooking mode to another with just one press. This kitchen tabletop burner has a manual cooking function with fry, steam, & water mode for easy cooking, & an automatic warm function which keeps the food warm for later serving.
- LOCK FUNCTION: This product is also equipped with a Built in Child Safety Lock which locks all the operating buttons of the cooktop to protect the little ones from injuries such as scalding.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: This heavy duty 120v Electric Induction cooktop cooks food by using electromagnets so no heat is lost between the cooking surface & the pot which makes it highly energy-efficient & it also makes cooking a lot easier & faster.
- COMPACT & VERSATILE: This 6.7 inch portable double burner is compatible with steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel, flat bottom pan or pot with a diameter of 12 to 26 cm. This product is also lightweight & compact, great for home / outdoor cooking & its flat nonstick glass ceramic surface makes cleaning easy. Update Listing Details
What's to like about the NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop
- 9-foot power cable
- Easy-to-use and responsive
- Safety certified
What's not to like about the NutriChef Portable Dual 120V Electric Induction Cooker Cooktop
- User manual doesn’t provide temperature guide
- Extremely speedy cooking requires adjustment
With all of the induction cooktops on this list being top contenders, it took some true dissecting to determine which one stands apart from the best double induction cooktops.
The overall performance of each of the models is commendable, and we feel like you couldn’t go wrong with any of the five choices. We compared cooking speed, temperatures, features, longevity, cookware compatibility, other reviews, and general performance to determine what our number one recommended option would be.
The model that we recommend the most is the True Induction TI-2C cooktop. We realize that it is the more expensive option, but with this unit, you genuinely get what you pay for.
The TI-2C cooktop lasts and has been manufactured by a company that specializes in induction technology and has a strong reputation for providing the best portable and inset induction appliances on the market.
Outside all of the fantastic features that are included for the price, there are a variety of models that suit your needs and lifestyles, and they have the same features. You won't go wrong with the True Induction option.
As a less expensive alternative, the Cuisinart ICT-60 Double Induction Cooktop is a fantastic choice. It comes from a brand that has been respected by homeowners around the world for decades and is an Amazon Choice for a reason.
There are some features that it’s missing out on when comparing, and it’s not the RV user’s choice, but concerning performance, and usability, you get more for what you pay.