The cookware sets reviewed here can be used on gas, electric, glass and induction cooktops.
Here are a few factors to consider when selecting cookware that is right for you.
1. Match cookware to your cooktop.
If you have an induction cooktop, the cookware has to be induction compatible. Flat-bottomed pans are critical for cooking on smooth top ranges.
2. Cooking style.
3. Type of cookware material.
Do you prefer stainless steel, nonstick surfaces, or cast iron?
Consider the weight of both the cooking vessel and lid.
Would you rather have stainless steel or silicone coated handles? Are the handles sturdy and well-attached? Is it important for you to have a handle with a thumb rest?
Top 5 Induction Cookware Sets Comparison Chart
Best Induction Cookware Reviews
1. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware Set
Anolon is a brand of Meyer corporation which is headquartered in Vallejo, CA. The subject of this review is the Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware Set. These cooking vessels are compatible with all stovetops including induction.
- 1-1/2-quart saucepan with lid
- 3-quart saucepan with lid
- 3-qt saute pan with lid and helper handle
- 8-quart stockpot with lid
- 8.5 -inch skillet
- 12-inch skillet with lid
Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized Nonstick pots and pans feature a base constructed with five layers of material. These layers, from exterior to interior are: magnetized stainless steel cap, aluminum, copper, aluminum, and the hard anodized aluminum cooking vessel. The exterior is hard-anodized aluminum.
The magnetic stainless steel cap (impact bonded) makes the set induction compatible. The copper and aluminum layers are good heat conductors.
According to both Chemours (spin-off from Dupont) and Anolon, the interior non-stick coating system is DuPont -Autograph 2. This coating is PFOA free, however, it does contain PFTE. Chemours claims this is one of DuPont’s more durable and high performance non-stick coatings. The benefits of this coating are: 1) foods are easily released from the pan, 2) cleanup is easy and 3) metal utensils can be used.
These cooking vessels are sturdy and have the right amount of weight. They are not lightweight but not too heavy either. The handles are made of cast stainless steel, have a comfortable grip and don’t get hot. They are securely attached to the pot or pan using rivets. One of the best attributes of this Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized cookware set is that the rivets are flush with the cooking surface and are covered with non-stick coating. The lids are stainless steel. As I have the open 8.5” and 10” French skillets, I cannot attest to whether the lids lock in heat and moisture. However, many verified purchasers on various websites have stated the lids do fit securely. This line of cookware is manufactured in Thailand.
- 11Piece induction-suitable cookware set's durable, hard-anodized construction is crafted with copper to deliver optimum heat control and cooking performance
- Premium-quality nonstick is long lasting, makes cleaning up effortless and is metal utensil safe
- Cast stainless steel handles are attached with innovative flat-rivet technology; stainless steel lids lock in heat and moisture
- Oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and suitable for all cooktops; European flair and contrasting colors add luxury to the kitchen
- Lifetime warranty
Use and Care of Anolon Nouvelle Copper Hard Anodized Cookware
- Do not put in the dishwasher.
- Do not put in the microwave.
- Do not use in the broiler.
- Anolon states this cookware set is oven safe to 500ºF. I would not use the pans over 425ºF or 450ºF. This gives some leeway in case the oven thermometer is not correct or Anolon’s quality control is less than perfect.
- Do not use cooking spray.
- Use low or medium heat for cooking.
- Use a stove burner that matches the size of the bottom of the cooking vessel.
- Hand wash with a non-scratch or nylon sponge.
- Anolon states in their literature metal utensils can be used on these pots and pans. Using only wooden or silicone utensils lessens the chance of the pan getting scratched.
- High-quality, durable, versatile cookware set
- Can be used on gas, electric, glass, induction cooktops
- Even heating
- Sturdy, comfortable handle
- Flat rivets
- Lids and pot handles don’t get hot
- Not dishwasher safe
- A bit on the pricey side
2. Duxtop 10-pc Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set
The Duxtop 10-pc Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Setis a high-performance cookware designed from stainless steel. It is constructed to withstand high heat and will still stay in perfect condition even after frequent uses.
With many other cheap brands, you will find that when you purchase a set, the pieces will soon start to look like they've been old and used for years. With this cookware, your set will look perfect even after multiple uses.
- 8-Inch Diameter Fry Pan
- 10-Inch Diameter Fry Pan
- 3-Quart Sauté Pan with lid
- 1.6-Quart Saucepan with lid
- 3-Quart Saucepan with lid
- 6 ½ Quart Saucepot with lid
This Duxtop 10-piece Cookware Set is of whole-clad tri-ply stainless steel construction, which helps eliminate hot spots and ensures even heating distribution along the bottom and side of the pans. Although these pans and pots are dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended.
This cookware can be used up to 550°F, and they are safe for food storage in either the refrigerator or freezer.
- Set includes 8-Inch
- 10-Inch Fry Pan; 3-Quart Saute Pan with lid and handle helper; 1.6-Quart and 3-Quart covered saucepan; 6-1/2-Quart saucepot with cover^Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel construction eliminates hot spots and ensures even heat distribution along the bottom and side walls of the cookware^Stay-cool stainless-steel perfect-grip handle riveted to the pan^Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe to 550 degrees F; Freezer-safe for food storage; Lifetime limited warranty^Works on induction
- electric plate
What's to like about the Duxtop 10-piece Cookware Set
- Whole-clad Tri-Ply Stainless steel
- Stay cool grip
- Even heat distribution
What's to like about the Duxtop 10-piece Cookware Set
- Lid do not come with the fry pans
- Lids are thin
3. Cooks Standard 10-Piece Multi-Ply Clad Review
The Cooks Standard 10-Piece Multi-Ply Clad Stainless Steel Cookware Set is high-quality cookware constructed of three layers throughout the body of the pots and pans. An aluminum core is sandwiched between two layers of 18/10 stainless steel. These durable cooking vessels can withstand high temperatures, and are suitable for induction cooktops, as well as ceramic glass, gas and electric stoves. This affordable and versatile set is a great addition to a current stainless steel cookware collection or a replacement for non-stick cookware.
Cooks Standard is a brand of Neway International Inc, a privately held company and has been registered in the State of California since 2007. It has been a registered trademark of Neway International Inc. since July, 2012.
Included in this 10-piece multi-ply clad set are: 1.5 and 3-quart saucepans, a 4-quart sauté pan, an 8-quart stock pot, and a steamer insert. The pot, steamer insert and pans all have matching lids. Cooks Standard also offers a 12-piece set that has the above- mentioned pieces as well as an 11-inch deep sauté pan and lid.
This multi-ply construction has a premium-grade 18/10 stainless steel interior and exterior along with an alloy aluminum core along the bottom and up the sidewalls.
The interior has a brushed satin finish while the exterior has a smooth and highly polished finish. The bottom is scratch resistant and composed of magnetic stainless steel making it induction compatible.
The cooking vessels are well balanced, due to their weight, construction and design. In terms of weight, the pots have been described as being of medium weight to heavy. The bottoms are flat; and the cooking vessels do not rock on the cooking surface. The handles are also made of stainless steel and are securely riveted to the pot. They stay cool while cooking due in part to the open V-shaped design placed at the point of attachment to the vessel. The lids are of solid stainless-steel construction and have a loop handle.
The Cooks Standard cookware warranty is clearly stated in the paperwork accompanying their products. For this set, a limited lifetime warranty is offered. Cooks Standard will repair or replace any item found defective in material or workmanship. However, the warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse or commercial use. They will not honor the warranty if there is damage from use of an automatic dishwasher. Additionally, damages such as scratches, stains, discoloration, or damage from overheating are not covered.
- Includes: 1.5 and 3 qt saucepans, 8 qt stockpot, 4 qt/11 in. sauté pan, and a steamer insert with lids
- Multi-ply clad with 18/10 stainless steel interior/exterior with an aluminum core throughout
- Stainless steel for durability and appearance; Aluminum core for even/quick heat distribution
- Secure-fitting lids trap in heat/moisture to seal flavor; Riveted handles stay cool for carrying
- Works on Induction, gas, electric, glass, ceramic, etc.; Oven safe to 500F; Dishwasher safe
What's to like about the Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Cookware Set
This 10-Piece Cooks Standard Multi-Ply Clad Cookware Set is affordable, durable and manufactured with high-quality stainless-steel. For successful meal preparation using stainless-steel, be sure to use the correct heat (lower than when using electric or gas stoves) and pre-heat the pan the pan properly before adding oil and food. One of the great benefits of cooking with stainless steel is being able to transfer food from the cooktop to the oven.
Responsive and prompt customer service is important to me. Some companies do not have telephone customer service and offer only an email contact form. Not all companies who have these forms, answer queries. However, Neway International Inc. provides great telephone and email customer service. When I called Neway, the man who took the call answered my question quickly. Additionally, an answer to my email query was received within 10 minutes.
Overall, this Cooks standard stainless steel cookware set is a great value due to its affordability, solid construction, durability, ease of use and its even heat distribution throughout the bottom and sides of the cooking vessels.
What's not to like about the Cooks Standard
Multi-Ply Clad Cookware Set
There really is very little not to like about this cookware set. The only thing I would change would be to take the logo off the lid.
4. Cuisinart Multiclad Pro 12-Piece Set Review
In 1971, Carl Sontheimer, an MIT trained engineer, and his wife, Shirley, saw a demonstration of a food preparation machine while on vacation in France and decided to manufacture a food processor that could be used in American homes. They named the company they formed, Cuisinart and began to import to the United States top-quality stainless steel cookware. In 1973, the Sontheimers exhibited their food processor in Chicago. In 1988, they sold the company to a group of investors who a year later, sold the company to Conair Corporation, a U.S. based manufacturer. Conair expanded the Cuisinart line to include a wide variety of kitchen related products. In April 2005, the Multiclad Pro line was introduced.
The Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Triple Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set is composed of durable, high-quality pots and pans that can be used on induction, gas, electric, glass, and halogen cooktops. This set is comprised of 8” and 10” frying pans (no lids); 1 ½ qt- and 3-quart saucepans, 3 ½ quart sauté pan, 8-quart stock pot, and a steamer insert all with accompanying lids. The lids for the 1.5 qt saucepan, 3 qt and steamer insert also fit the 8” fry pan. The 8 qt stockpot lid will fit the 10” fry pan. The steamer insert sits on top of the 3 qt saucepan. The cookware is oven safe up to 500ºF.
This Cuisinart pots and pans set (except for the steamer insert) have two layers of stainless steel with a layer of pure aluminum between them. The three layers along the base and side walls of the cooking vessels produce fast and even heat distribution. The exterior finish is brushed stainless steel while the interior is polished stainless steel. The bottom of the pots and pans is magnetic stainless steel making it compatible with induction cooktops.
The grade of stainless steel used to manufacture this set is unknown to this reviewer. The Cuisinart website does not give this information nor does the customer service department of either Cuisinart or its parent company, Conair Corporation. To ensure a complete Cuisinart cookware review of this set, these companies were contacted via telephone asking the representatives stated they did not know the grade of stainless steel used in the manufacturing of this Cuisinart multiclad set.
The rims of all cooking vessels are tapered which eliminates liquid dribbling when pouring. The handles are stainless steel and are shaped ergonomically. An added feature of the handles is that they are designed at an angle making it easy to lift, pour and maneuver in general. The handles are riveted both inside and outside the pan and stay cool while cooking. It is always a good idea when using cookware in an oven to take safety precautions. The lids are made of stainless steel and are tight fitting. They have added a ridge that helps keep the lid securely on the pan which helps keep the liquid and nutrients from escaping.
Cuisinart offer a 7-piece Multiclad Pro Tri-ply construction cookware set. This set includes:
- 1-1/2-quart saucepan with lid
- 3-quart saucepans with lid
- 8-quart stockpot with lid
- 10-inch skillet
Cuisinart offers a lifetime limited warranty on this cookware set. If a product needs to be repaired or replaced, the customer pays the cost of shipping it to them and must enclose a check or money order in the amount of $7.00 for the return shipping fees (California residents have different warranty conditions). The terms are available on the Cuisinart website. I always register my products before using them to avoid a hassle with the customer service warranty department. Once the cookware is unpacked, check for dents and scratches as well as ensuring the bottoms are flat and do not rock on the cooking surface and for bumps on the interior of the pans. Cuisinart also makes available on their website, a straightforward Use and Care Guide.
The video below is a demonstration of eggs being cooked using a new Cuisinart frying pan. It proves that with the right preparation (pre-heat pan, check the pan to make sure it is up to temperature, add fat, make sure the pan is coated with fat) eggs won’t stick to this Cuisinart skillet.
The section that shows the narrator frying the eggs begins at the 3:38 mark if you want to skip his discussion of the MCP-12N set.
- Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors.
- Cookware also features cool grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets and self-basting, tight fitting lids, Triple-Ply construction includes the unsurpassed heat conductivity of a pure aluminum core. It insures maximum heat retention and even heat distribution, eliminating hot spots
- Oven safe up to 550F, Rims are tapered for drip-free pouring.
- Dishwasher safe, Tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in food's natural juices and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results. Covers are dishwasher-safe
- 12-piece cookware set. The set consists of: 1-1/2- and 3-quart covered saucepans; 8- and 10-inch open skillets; 3-1/2-quart covered saute pan; 8-quart covered stockpot; steamer insert with lid. 12 pieces total..Professional Triple Ply Construction features a core of pure aluminum and a brushed stainless exterior
What’s to like about the Cuisinart MCP-12N Stainless Steel Cookware Set
There is a lot to like about the Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad. It is durable and well-designed. The most important feature of this set to me is that the bottom and sidewalls of the pots and pans are constructed using two stainless steel layers and an aluminum core.
These Cuisinart stainless steel lids fit well and the handles on them are designed so they can be held effortlessly. The handles on the pots and pan don’t get hot, are securely riveted, and are shaped and angled in such a way that makes them easy to maneuver.
This Cuisinart MCP-12N Cookware Set is an excellent value as it is reasonably priced and is a high-quality product. It is an affordable starter set for those learning to cook or are out on their own for the first time. For those consumers who want to replace their nonstick cookware pieces with stainless steel this Cuisinart cookware set is worthy of consideration.
What’s not to Like about Cuisinart MCP-12N Cookware Set
I am hard pressed to find something not to like about this MCP-12N Stainless Steel Set. When I read product reviews I look for patterns. One issue that I noticed was that even though the Use and Care manual states the cookware is dishwasher safe, some consumers recommended hand washing the pots and pans.
The video below provides a short description and features of each piece of this Cuisinart stainless steel set.
5. Chef’s Star Professional Grade SS 17-PC Induction Ready Cookware Set
The Chef’s Star Professional Grade Stainless Steel 17-Piece Set Induction Ready Cookware Set is designed from commercial-grade stainless steel and is made to be heat resistant. The set will not change in color and is made to withstand high temperatures.
This allows your pots and pans to stay looking new even after consistent use. This set is designed to be used in multiple ways and gives you a wide variety of different sizes of pots and pans. It is a little on the pricey side.
This Chef’s Star Cookware Set comes as a 17-piece set of a variety of pots and pans. The set includes 8” and 10” frying pans (no lids); 1.6- and 2.5-quart saucepans with lids, 4.2-quart casserole pan with a lid, 8.6-quart stock pot with a lid; 5.5-quart sauté pan with a lid; a broiler basket; steamer basket; a spoon; slotted spatula; and a 2 pronged fork. All of the cookware is made to last and is built with 18/8 commercial-grade stainless steel.
The pots and pans are all encapsulated with an impact bonded aluminum, which helps ensure that the heat is distributed evenly throughout the bottom of the cooking vessel. Impact bonding is a procedure whereby pressure and friction and not adhesive, are used to form the bond between the base of the pot or pan (stainless steel) and the disc (a heavy gauge aluminum). In the manufacturing process, the disc is put on the base of the vessel, then placed in an impact bonding machine where pressure and friction are applied, resulting in the formation of a bond. The sides of the pots and pans are stainless steel with a thickness of .6mm. The bottom of the pots and pans are made of three layers: Stainless steel, aluminum (middle layer), stainless steel.
The lids are glass and have a hole for venting. The lids are high temperature resistant up to 482°F. The handles and rims are stainless steel.
The handles are ergonomically shaped and have an anti-slip finish, ensuring that you don’t drop your food when transferring the cookware. This set is suitable for all types of cooking sources, including induction burners.
Extra features included are that they are dishwasher friendly, oven safe up to 550° Fahrenheit, and are safe to store in the freezer and refrigerator. The product comes with a no questions asked warranty policy.
- 🔥 BUILT TO LAST: 17 Piece Pots & Pans Made With Premium 18/8 Commercial Grade Stainless-Steel, Bottom Encapsulated With Impact-Bonded Aluminum.
- 🔥 COMFORTABLE: Handles Are Ergonomically Shaped, Have An Anti-Slip Satin Finish, And Are Riveted To The Pan To Provide Maximum Durability.
- 🔥 INDUCTION READY: Set Is Suitable For All Cooking Sources, Stove & Cooktops, Electric, Gas, Infrared, Induction Stoves, Glass & Ceramic Cooktops.
- 🔥 SAFE & STURDY: BPA Free, Dishwasher-Safe & Oven Safe Up To 550 Degrees Fahrenheit. Freezer-Safe For Extensive Refrigerated Food Storage.
- We, at Chef's Star, Offer Not Only Top Grade-A Quality Products But Also Provide Top of The Line Customer Service Along With Our 1-Year No Questions Asked Warranty Policy Which You Won't Get With Other Brands.
What's to like about the Chef’s Star Cookware Set
- Commercial-grade stainless steel
- Anti-slip satin finish handles
- Dishwasher safe
What's not to like about the Chef’s Star Cookware Set
- Handles get hot