This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
The Mai Cook 3500W Induction Cooktop is a commercial unit with a minimalistic construction with the usual safety features, required settings and is easy to operate.
In this article we will cover the following:
- Tutorial/How to Use the Mai Cook Induction Cooktop
The manufacturer of the Mai Cook Stainless Steel 3500W Electric Induction Cooktop is Hua Dao Energy-saving Technology Co.,Ltd which specializes in the research, development and production of kitchen equipment and high power induction cooktops.
This Mai Cook commercial quality induction cooker can be used in a variety of ways. As long as the necessary electrical requirements are met, this unit can be used in commercial and residential kitchens. Some consumers use to make soup or batch of homemade beer or cider.
There are an adequate number of useful features included in the design of the Mai Cook Stainless Steel 3500W Electric Induction Cooktop. One of the best attributes of this unit, is that the housing is stainless steel. Another one is that the maximum load bearing load bearing is 133 pounds.
The controls from left to right are:
- Digital display - Watt, Temperature (℃) Timer (min)
- Up and down arrows
- Temperature (℃)
The timer is very easy to set - simply press TIMER and adjust the time using the up arrow. It can be set for a maximum time of 23 hours 59 minutes. Once that time is reached, the unit transfers to standby.
Above all else, it is important that any cooktop you choose has the right safety features to protect you and any children you may have in your home. The Mai Cook Induction Cooktop offers an overheat sensor, which shuts down the unit if it gets too hot, an auto-shutoff which powers down the cooktop if it’s not in use.
There are 13 temperature levels from which to choose. In Celsius they are (roughly):
60, 80, 100, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 200, 220, and 240.
In Fahrenheit, the levels are:
140, 176, 212, 248, 266, 284, 302, 320, 338, 356, 392, 428, and 464.
This is a 3500 Watt unit and a 240V outlet must be used. If the Power mode is selected, the default wattage is 1800. At this point, you can select a different one if desired. This particular induction cooktop offers 13 different power levels, from 400 to 3500 watts.
The following are the power levels in watts:
400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400, 2700, 3000, 3300, 3500.
This unit must be plugged into 220V outlet. The cord has a 6-20P plug.
Tutorial/How to Use the Mai Cook Induction Cooktop
One of the main reasons as to why people opt for induction cooktops is because of how easy they are to use, and the same applies to the Mai Cook Induction Cooktop. Simply choose the perfect temperature setting, place your pan or pot on the cooktop, and allow the unit to do all the work for you. You can also set a timer to ensure that you don’t overcook your meal.
1) Plug the unit in a 240V outlet.
2) Press ON/OFF button once - the power light will flashed and the unit will go into the standby state.
3) If you want to use the power levels, then press the WATT button once. The default is 1800W.
4) To adjust the wattage, press the ARROW button until the desired wattage is reached.
5) If you want to use the TEMP mode, then press the TEMP button once. The pre-set temperature is 130℃.
6) To adjust the temperature, press the ARROW button until the desired temperature (in Celsius) is attained.
7) If you want to use the timer, simply press the TIMER button once. Use the ARROW button to adjust the time.
8) When finished cooking, press the ON/OFF button. This will transfer the unit to the standby state. Wait a few minutes for the unit to cool down, then unplug it.
Although this has been covered in the review, it is worth restating that this unit requires a 220V outlet and has a 6-20P plug. There are other commercial induction cooktops that have a plug that can be inserted into the standard American wall outlet without an adapter.
Overall, the Mai Cook Stainless Steel 3500W Electric Induction Cooktop has all of the necessary features that anyone would need when it comes to cooking a wide variety of meals or homemade beverages. As with all induction cooktops, you will need to use induction compatible cookware.